3rd Grade Vocabulary
"This is a helpful app for children going to third grade - they know how to spell, this helps to know the definition. Great app."
The most advanced vocabulary learning tool in the App Store!
3rd Grade Vocabulary Prep was designed to improve vocabulary skills in the classroom and at home:
• Click to listen to a pronunciation of each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence
• Study hundreds of vocabulary words at your own pace with guided step-by-step learning
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 3rd grade level
• Students can read through words and definitions as many times as they need for review
• Word and definition quizzes are used to reinforce learning, ensuring that students understand each word in a section before they continue
• When they're ready, students can take the test to move on to the next level (they'll need to get at least 90% correct to advance)
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included!
Versions of this app in the Amazon, Google Play and Nook stores are slightly different than the Apple version. Please review those descriptions before purchasing.
• Customize which of your students need the audio turned on, or turn it on/off for all users
• Students can click each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence to listen to the audio as often as needed
• Students will be able to listen to each of the available answers in tests and quizzes before selecting their choice
• Students are congratulated on a job well done, or will hear the example sentence repeated as a reminder if they answer incorrectly
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Just like a set of flash cards, any word a student gets wrong on one of the practice quizzes is returned to the "back of the deck" and will be asked again to make sure the student can answer every word in that section correctly
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
• Take a look at the "Most difficult words for this student" list generated by the app to learn where students can still improve
• 4-digit student pin codes can be set as an option to prevent students from logging in as the wrong user
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
3rd, 4th, English, boy, class, game, girl, grade, high, k-12, kid, language, arts, read, reading, learn, learning, play, practice, quiz, school, score, speech, state, student, study, teacher, test, testing, third, fourth, vocab, word, words, common, core, CCSS, standards, PSAT, ACT, spell, spelling, fun, games, boys, girls, kids, students, PARCC