6th Grade Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension
"The feature showing where the answer is located in the passage is a spot on tool since I ask my students to be able to provide this in their oral and written responses." - Harold Nelson, teacher
The most advanced reading comprehension tool in the App Store!
Improve your reading skills!
6th Grade Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension is the most advanced reading comprehension tool in the App Store. Designed for classroom use as well as the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• This collection of 10 original stories was written specifically for this app
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 6th grade level
• Works well in classrooms for independent study time
• Email student test results to share their progress
• Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
Peekaboo Studios reading passages have been written by award winning authors, teachers, and Pulitzer Prize nominees specifically for our apps.
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 6th Grade:
• Read and comprehend literary nonfiction in the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently
• Determine a theme or central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details
• Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text
Many of our best new features were based on YOUR feedback! Thank you so much to the countless teachers that have reached out and provided suggestions and feature requests over the past few years! Please do not hesitate to continue reaching out to us at any time!
Additional classroom features:
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Adjust font size to a larger text if necessary
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
• 4-digit student pin codes can be set as an option to prevent students from logging in as the wrong user
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
Non-Fiction topics include:
• Gateway Arch
• Maya Angelou
• Niagara Falls
• Water Polo
• Mark Twain
• Robin Williams
• The Ostrich
• The Dust Bowl
Recommended Ages: 10-12
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
5th, 6th, 7th, English, boy, class, game, girl, grade, high, k-12, kid, language, arts, read, reading, learn, learning, play, practice, quiz, school, score, speech, state, student, study, teacher, test, testing, fifth, sixth, seventh, vocab, word, words, common, core, CCSS, standards, PSAT, ACT, spell, spelling, fun, games, boys, girls, kids, students, PARCC, fiction, nonfiction, comp, prep