5th Grade Reading Comprehension
"Great for reading practice - I would highly recommend it."
The most advanced reading comprehension tool in the App Store!
5th Grade Fiction & Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension was designed for the classroom, as well as the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• This collection of 20 original stories was written specifically for this app
• Choose between fiction, non-fiction, or a mix of both fiction and non-fiction selections
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 5th grade level
• Works well in classrooms for independent study time
• Email student test results to share their progress
• Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included <
Versions of this app in the Amazon, Google Play and Nook stores are slightly different than the Apple version. Please review those descriptions before purchasing.
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 5th Grade:
• Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical or scientific text based on specific information in the text
• Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area
• Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s)
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
Many of our best new features were based on YOUR feedback! Thank you so much to the countless teachers that have reached out and provided suggestions and feature requests over the past few years! Please do not hesitate to continue reaching out to us at any time!
Additional classroom features:
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Adjust font size to a larger text if necessary
• Have students choose a specific fiction or non-fiction story from the table of contents
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
• 4-digit student pin codes can be set as an option to prevent students from logging in as the wrong user
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
Non-fiction topics include:
• Predator Insects!
• The Origin of Thanksgiving
• Ernest Shackleton's Endurance
• Women's Suffrage: Getting the Vote
• The Story of Jane Goodall
• Pompeii: The Buried City
• Global Climate Change and You
• Jackie Robinson: Bringing Equality to Baseball
• Clara Barton: Angel of the Battlefield
• LeBron James: His Life Story
Recommended Ages: 9-11
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
5th, 6th, English, boy, class, game, girl, grade, high, k-12, kid, language, arts, read, reading, learn, learning, play, practice, quiz, school, score, speech, state, student, study, teacher, test, testing, fifth, sixth, vocab, word, words, common, core, CCSS, standards, PSAT, ACT, spell, spelling, fun, games, boys, girls, kids, students, PARCC, fiction, nonfiction, comp